Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

At the top of the stairs to the left.

As a child I grew up in a very old house in the Echo Park area of Los Angeles. The house was originally set in Watts and was moved to the neighborhood maybe some time in the 60s. My grandmother bought the house in I think 1979. It was originally a 2 story duplex she bought it and made it one big house. With 2 kitchens,2 living rooms, 4 bedrooms,and so on it was a large house.  At the top of the stairs to the left was my bedroom. My bed room that I never slept in. It was pretty large, as were all the rooms in the house. One strange thing about the room was, there were windows looking down onto the stair case.  I could never walk up those stairs alone. I always felt like I had someone watching me.  I would see it out of the corner of my eye. A pair of eyes peering at me from the small windows that lined the floor of MY room. I would tell my grandmother or my aunt and they would both tell me that there was nothing there,That it was merely  my imagination. As time went on I began to realize that the adults were having encounters themselves with my window peering friend. I would over hear them talking about strange things that were going on in the house. Things being moved from one place and appearing in others, doors opening and closing on their own. There were so many stories the adults tried to keep from us kids. As the years went by I started to get more comfortable with our friend. I wanted to know who he was and where he came from. I talked my aunt into asking the previous owner of the house if he knew anything that would help us understand why this spirit was there.

   The previous owner did know who it may be. The story was that a small boy had fallen down the stairs and was killed. He was about 6 years old when he passed,and his room was at the top of the stairs to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment